Placement Coach/Recruiter - EdmontonReturn to Jobs Search
Job Number: 249
Job Posted By: Edmonton - Energy Square
Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:30 - 430 Monday to Friday
- Qualifications: Imagine working in a role that allows you to positively impact the lives of Albertans every single day. At MCG, our Career and Employment Specialists are inspiring individuals and changing lives through the innovative programs and client support they provide. MCG (formerly McBride Career Group) is growing and we are looking for qualified and enthusiastic Career and Employment Specialists to join our team in Edmonton. If you are passionate about helping others, are experienced in recruitment and placement, job coaching, resume writing, labour market research, and in supporting individuals entering the workforce, then we would love to talk to you. Placement Coach/Recruiter Our Edmonton office is currently looking for a skilled, energetic Placement Coach/Recruiter. The ideal candidate will have: Degree, diploma or certificate in Career Services, Social Sciences, Management or Education Minimum of two years of experience working in a client-based industry Recruitment/Staffing/Placement experience; knowledge of recruitment strategies, cold calling techniques and networking practices Knowledge of barriers to entering/keeping employment Understanding of local Labour Market Interviewing and Assessment training an asset Communication & problem-solving skills, exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Reliable Vehicle as local travel is required
Position Pillars include:
- The recruitment of clients and employers to develop successful employment opportunities; maintaining a network of local employers for job placements through a set number of cold calls per day in line with contract expectations.
- Develop and implement a client recruitment plan to promote services to unemployed, eligible Albertans
- Maintain public relations, and network with community partners, service agencies and industry related companies to increase awareness and value of the program
- Assist clients with implementing effective employment search strategies including: writing resumes, developing career portfolios, interview skills, job search strategies etc.
- Work effectively with employers to impact and improve their immediate hiring challenges.
- Placement of clients into sustainable employment
- Mediate any concerns around employment through on site visits and follow up
- Ongoing development of a marketing plan, including distribution of program marketing materials (print and electronic/social media)
- Identify labour market trends/changes/demand to be able to respond to employer needs
- Meet and exceed program goals/targets; weekly/monthly reporting
- Participate in team meetings
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Positively represent MCG as a company and champion the clients and employers we serve.
Interested candidates, please send a resume and cover to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Location of Work:
How to Apply: