Career Coach/FacilitatorReturn to Jobs Search
Job Number: 290
Job Posted By: Fort Saskatchewan
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
Imagine working in a role that allows you to positively impact the lives of Albertans every single day. At MCG, our Career and Employment Specialists are inspiring individuals and changing lives through the innovative programs and client support they provide.
MCG Career and Employment Services is growing and we are looking for qualified and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Fort Saskatchewan Region. If you are passionate about helping others, are experienced in the Career Development industry, and in supporting individuals entering the workforce, then we would love to talk to you.
We are currently looking for a skilled, energetic Full time Career Coach/Facilitator for our Career & Employment Centre - CEIS (Fort Saskatchewan)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Human Services, Education and/or Career Development. Exposure to Career development theory and assessments. A CCDP designation would be a definite asset.
- Strong background and experience in coaching, counselling and facilitating
- Basic understanding of the career planning process
- Computer skills with intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Programs
- Exposure to seminars or training programs/affiliation with professional associations related to career development
- Communication & Problem Solving skills, exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills, problem solving
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Facilitate employment preparation, job search and essential skills training, in a classroom environment
- Identify employment potential including; barriers to employment, budget, stress management, coping with change, problem solving and communication skills
- Explore values, interests and skills relating to career opportunities
- Explore the changing work force, analysing previous work patterns, sexual harassment, employment standards, work ethic, job retention
- Identify future strategies / vocational assessment including; education options, apprenticeship, work experience
- Practical application of job maintenance techniques
- Deliver workshop curriculum using individualized client action plans and delivery methods that match the client learning style
- Evaluate the level of competency of each learner to the standards stated in the contract curriculum
Interested candidates, please send a resume and cover letter,
stating the position you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location of Work:
How to Apply: