Fort Saskatchewan Career and Employment Centre (Outreach services are available in the communities of Sherwood Park, Leduc, Beaumont, Devon, Calmar & Redwater)
The Fort Saskatchewan Career and Employment Centre provides career and employment services at no cost to all Albertans surrounding the urban/rural Edmonton region. With our primary location in Fort Saskatchewan, we also offer employment services in Sherwood Park, Leduc, Beaumont, Devon, Calmar and Redwater. The services we offer include resume development and critiquing, assistance with cover letters and on-line job applications, postings of local job opportunities, career counseling, resource library and access to office equipment such as computers, printer, scanner, fax, photocopier, and telephones. We also offer individual and group based computer tutorial instruction and a variety of job search related workshops with an interactive instructor. In addition to Webinars on essential job search topics that are targeted for mental health, mature workers and youth, we offer a weekly Career Café where you can network with other job seekers to share valuable job search information.
Client Services at MCG (No Cost)
Drop In Services:
- Job Board which includes current local employment opportunities.
- Written resource publications for self-help in a variety of areas including job search, career and education planning, and starting your own business.
- Access to computers and internet, printer, photocopier, scanner, fax and telephone.
- Daily newspapers and weekly community publications to keep you informed as to employment opportunities.
- Check out the "Employer Spotlight" - they could be your next Employer!
- Schedule an hour long appointment with a Career Coach to receive personalized guidance or chat Live with a Career Coach via our website.
- Critique of your current resume along with information on how to tailor your Resume so that it contains the content and format the Employers will notice.
- Advice on how to individualize your resume and cover letters.
- Assistance and advice on how to perform an effective job search.
- Referrals to additional service providers and community services.
- Interview preparation and mock interviews.
- Assistance with Career Planning through utilization of internationally used career assessments.
- Access to hundreds of occupational profiles.
- Information pertaining to educational and training requirements for a potential career.
- Research of education institutions.
- Creation of an action plan and support in setting goals.
- One-on-one computer sessions.
- Access to hundreds of Lynda.com computer program tutorials.
Job Placement Services
- Direct or guided placement in an employment opportunity that suits job goal(s).
- Continuous customizable services with access to Exposure Courses, Employment Incidentals as needed to secure employment.
- Targeted job search techniques one on one with a Career Coach.
- Information provided on topics such as: Self- Marketing, First Impressions, Building a Network, Follow up Techniques, Employer Expectations and Job Retention.
- Job Maintenance Supports with collaborative problem solving, mentorships and interventions as needed.
Employer Services - Also No Cost:
- Showcase your organization for an entire month in our "Employer Spotlight".
- Post your current career and employment opportunities on our website, and will post them in our Job Board.
- Utilize our space and let us assist you host a mini "Job Fair".
- Participate in our annual Career & Employment Expo.
- Obtain resource publications that inform and target your company's needs.
Workshops & Webinars
Workshops & Webinars are offered through the Fort Saskatchewan Career and Employment Centre as well as online at our Secondary and Itinerant sites. To register please call 587-285-8118.
Workshop & Webinar topics will include, but are not limited to: Career Planning, Conducting an Effective Job Search, Managing Work Search Stress, Conflict Resolution, Team Building and Problem Solving, LinkedIn and more as well as specific Webinar Series topics related to our Targeted Initiative for Mature Workers, Youth and Clients with Mental Health Barriers.
Webinars allow Career Coaches and Clients the ability to interact and discuss information in real time with the flexibility of being in different locations. They are accessed through computers, laptops and/or smart phones. Webinars will recorded to allow clients to review and retrieve information at their own pace and time. Clients must register in order to receive an access code for sign in purposes.
Fort Saskatchewan: Unit 2, 9902 93rd Street
Sherwood Park: Strathcona County Library, 401 Festival Lane
Leduc: Leduc Public Library, 2 Alexandra Park
Beaumont: Town of Beaumont Library, 5700 49th Street
Calmar: Calmar Public Library, 4705 50th Avenue
Devon: Town of Devon Public Library, 17 Athabascan Avenue
Redwater: Redwater Library, 4915 48th Street
For appointments at any of the above locations please call: 587-285-8118
Cost: No Cost
Duration: Ongoing Location: Fort Saskatchewan